Vinyl Siding Painting – DiNapoli Painting
Many homeowners are not aware that vinyl siding can be successfully painted. With the right paint and appealing color options, you can give your home a whole new look—without investing in new siding.
Applying paint to vinyl siding improves its durability, and is less labor-intensive than painting wood, masonry, or hardboard surfaces. Because the siding does not retain moisture, it is easy to clean and dries quickly.
Benefits of repainting vinyl siding
- Refreshes weathered or faded siding to nearly factory-new appearance, improving the value of the home
- Updates a home’s color scheme for enhanced curb appeal
- Protects the siding from the elements with the latest coating technology
Vinyl Siding Painting Process for best results:
Step 1: Cleaning
- Before painting, the surface must be cleaned and any mildew, chalk, or dirt removed to ensure maximum adhesion and to avoid staining. The siding can be cleaned either by hand scrubbing or power washing.
- A product such as Benjamin Moore Clean Multi-Purpose Cleaner (N318) is ideal for this cleaning process. Thoroughly rinse the surface with clean water after washing and follow the application and safety instructions on the product label.
- If necessary we can power wash your house.
- If the Vinyl siding was previously painted, power-wash loose material and feather sand the peeled edges very lightly before panting.
Step 2: Priming
- In most cases a primer is not necessary. Only area of pitted or porous vinyl siding must be primed. In these cases, we recommend Benjamin Moore Fresh Start® High Hiding All Purpose Primer (046) or Fresh Start® Multi-Purpose Latex Primer (N023).
Step 3: Selecting Paint
- For coating vinyl siding or trim, our premium Regal® Select Exterior REVIVE™ for Vinyl Siding is the ideal choice.
- This paint is formulated for optimal performance on vinyl siding and trim with the added benefit of Vinyl Lock technology for superior adhesion. It also fully covers the previous color or faded areas on weathered siding.
- Regal Select Exterior REVIVE provides excellent color retention, is resistant to mildew and can be applied in temperatures as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 4: Selecting Colors
- To avoid warping in vinyl siding caused by paint colors that absorb heat, DiNapoli Painting recommends choosing from Benjamin Moore’s color palette that is safe for vinyl, offering hundreds of colors from darker shades to lighter hues.
- Regal Select Exterior REVIVE for Vinyl Siding offers a curated palette of 59 colors that have been selected by our color and design experts. From the palest pastels to the deepest earth tones, our color palette provides the color freedom you expect from Benjamin Moore.
We provide exterior painting services to homeowners in North Shore MA area, including:
- Lynnfield MA Exterior House Painters
- Melrose MA Exterior House Painters
- North Reading MA Exterior House Painters
- Reading MA Exterior House Painters
- Saugus MA Exterior House Painters
- Stoneham MA Exterior House Painters
- Winchester MA Exterior House Painters
- Wakefield MA Exterior House Painters
What Our Clients Have To Say
“Gary & crew were great to work with, very helpful with their color suggestions. They did a fantastic job, they were very neat, and very efficient with their time. We would highly recommend them to anyone needing any type of painting done.”
– The Lankins Reading